Few places on earth match the beauty and tranquility of the red rocks surrounding Red Mountain Spa in Utah. You’ll find a vast selection of healthy living activities, dining, spa, and recreational services, the perfect setting to start or renew your health and fitness goals. Program offerings include a wide variety of fitness assessments and programs to meet your goals. However you choose to spend your time at Red Mountain, the peace and solitude of the facility, daily fitness activities, guided hiking, healthy gourmet cuisine and an array of wellness classes will set you on the path to lifelong fitness and health.
Sagestone Spa at Red Mountain Spa is rated one of the top spas in the U.S. and offers a full array of massage, body treatments, skin care and hair and nail care. Sagestone Signature Treatments are inspired by health, wellness and beauty rituals practiced throughout the world with indigenous desert botanicals, Utah honey and mineral rich muds, clays and salts.
This month, Red Mountain Spa is offering a Bring a Friend special. Bring a friend to share in the majesty of Red Mountain Resort and they’ll receive 50% off of an Essential Retreat. Whether it’s hiking, working out or simply relaxing at Sagestone Spa & Salon, it’s always better with a buddy.
The Essential Retreat includes: daily guided hiking, three healthy gourmet meals from a full menu, fitness classes, wellness discussions and cooking demonstrations, use of the resort amenities, including bikes and the inspiration trail, and complimentary Wi-Fi. Book by 1/15/13; valid for stays through 3/31/13.
Can’t visit just yet? Try one of the resort’s popular recipes. Shrimp Diablo Red Mountain Spa is a fiery dish sure to warm you up on a cold evening.
- 16 each Jumbo Shrimp
- 1 cup Roma Tomatoes, seeded and diced small
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 4 tsp Cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup White Wine
- 2 tablespoons Paprika
- 2 teaspoons Chile Powder
- 2 teaspoons Chipotle with Adobo, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoons Salt
- 3 tablespoons cooked Millet
(1 ½ tablespoons Millet, 3 tablespoons Boiling Water)
- 3 tablespoons Yellow Onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoons Garlic, minced
- 2 oz Polenta Cornmeal
- 6 oz Water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Smoked Gouda, ¼ Inch Diced
- pinch of salt
- Prepare Millet Polenta Cakes
- Pour Boiling Water on Millet. Let set until cooled (pour off excess water).
- Bring Water, Onions, Garlic and Salt to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Whisk in Polenta (make sure it does not lump). Cook 5 minutes.
- Add Gouda. Mix until dissolved.
- Add Cooked Millet.
- Spread on silpat in 1/2″ thick rectangle and cool.
- Cut rectangle in half. Cut squares diagonally into triangles.
- Sauté or place on grill to lightly char.
- Prepare Seasoned White Wine Sauce
- Place wine, paprika, chile powder, chipotle, and salt in shaker cup and blend well.
- Prepare Shrimp
- Bring Pure Olive Oil to smoke point
- Add Shrimp. Sauté 2 minutes and turn.
- Add Diced Tomatoes. Sauté 1 minute.
- Add Minced Garlic and Shallots. Sweat 1 minute.
- Add 1 cup Seasoned White Wine. Reduce until thickened
- Place Millet Polenta Cake on plate. Point side towards middle of plate.
- Arrange Shrimp layered and tail up.
- Pour Sauce on Shrimp.