If your calendar for December is already blocked with holiday parties and receptions all the month long, sip on healthy but filling soups during the day to assure you have a little leeway for imbibing in the evenings.
Or, do you have office parties with all sorts of pot luck atrocities which are hard to resist? Reverse the process. If you sample the dips, bars, chips and heavy offerings during the day, sip healthy soup in the evening.
This tasty fall Organic Pumpkin Soup recipe is a guest favorite at the Martha’s Vineyard Holistic Retreat and Celebrity Detox, and was created by its founder, Dr. Roni DeLuz, RN, ND, Ph.D. Roni is the author of the New York Time’s Best-Seller “21 lbs in 21 days, the Martha’s Vineyard Diet Detox.”
Guests of the holistic retreat come from all over the world for a variety of personal and health reasons, but they share the common desire to live healthier, more productive lives. A variety of different detox plans are afforded guests based on their individual needs after a personalized consultation, with a variety of healthful recipes created by Dr. Roni, including this soup.
When SpaFlyer Staff made this soup, we thought the pumpkin was sweet enough to eliminate the Stevia. Taste as you create your soup to avoid an overly sweet base.
- 6 cups veggie stock
- 5 cups of pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 carrots largely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup parsley, finely chopped
- Pumpkin Pie spice, scant
- 2 tiny scoops of Stevia
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Optional: Greek Yogurt and Ground Pepper to Garnish
- Pour stock into large pot and add pumpkin, vegetables, and garlic.
- Boil until tender (about 45 minutes to an hour).
- Add parsley, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and Stevia to taste.
- Cool slightly.
- Reserve some broth for drinking and puree the remainder for soup.
- Serve warm.
Considering a stay at Martha’s Vineyard Holistic Retreat? Be sure to print this special offer for SpaFlyer Readers.