Hilton Head Health Institute’s Healthy Lifestyle program focuses on helping guests lose weight. Its weight loss spa approach is a well-rounded, time-tested program that teaches nutrition, fitness, knowledge, and self-awareness for a total healthy way of living. With over 50 different fitness classes and activities, each Guest can create a fitness routine that is tailored to his or her personal level and interest. The Healthy Lifestyle™ program will help you learn to incorporate more physical activity in your daily life.
The Institute’s experienced and Certified Fitness Specialists and Instructors give you the knowledge and practice to create a fitness plan that works for your lifestyle. Within the first two days, guests have a private one-on-one consultation with a Health Specialist who recommends the classes most suitable for you based on your individual needs and personal health goals.
At Hilton Head Health weight loss spa, guests enjoy a meal plan with delicious flavors and realistic portions. The Chef and Culinary Team have created a low-calorie, healthy gourmet cuisine with an emphasis on local and natural ingredients to ensure a well-balanced weight loss diet. One of the popular recipes served at the Institute is this poached chicken, which uses the inventive ingredient of Orange Spice Tea.
- 2 boneless, skinless, organic chicken breasts
- 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup organic, low sodium chicken stock
- 2 orange spice tea bags
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated fine
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, diluted
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped fine
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Combine orange juice and chicken stock in a small stainless steel pot.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and add tea bags.
- Simmer 5 minutes and remove from heat.
- Add chicken breasts to mixture and poach for 8 minutes or 4 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken breasts and keep warm.
- Remove and discard tea bags and return poaching liquid to a simmer.
- Reduce liquid to one cup.
- Brown butter in small saucepan. Add shallots and sauté.
- Add ginger and continue to cook 1 or 2 minutes.
- Mix in reduced poaching liquid and orange zest.
- Thicken sauce with cornstarch slurry to a glaze consistency.
- Stir in cilantro, salt, and cayenne.
- Slice chicken breasts on a diagonal and garnish with orange spice glaze.
- Serve with steamed rice and baby bok choy.